Monday, May 05, 2008

What If

What if my hair falls out,
And I end up bald as a coot ?
What if I don't make budget,
And he hires a smarter suit ?

What if I get so fat,
I can no longer touch my toes ?
What if my wife left me,
For a younger man she chose ?

What if my boy is gay,
And likes the look of a bum ?
What if my girl is also that way,
And never becomes a Mum ?

What if I saw my doctor ?
And he said "You've got the big C",
And what if I was run over,
Walking out of his surgery ?

What if they pressed the button,
On every mortal soul,
What if there was hell on earth,
When man played his final role ?

What if there is no heaven,
And it's all been a big bluff ?
What if there is a heaven
And I wasn't good enough ?

What if it's all been for nothing,
But to procreate ?
Well, I've had such a lovely time,
I'll just put my trust in fate...

No comments: